Sherry Shriver is a very strong advocate for animals! Located in Rancho Santa Fe, The Helen Woodward Animal Center is a cause very near and dear to Sherry’s heart.
“The Helen Woodward Animal Center is a unique, private, non-profit organization dedicated to saving the lives of animals and enriching the lives of people. For more than 30 years, our no-kill Center has provided humane care and adoption for orphaned animals, as well as animal-centered educational and therapeutic programs for people. The Center is a dynamic, evolving institution that is an agent of change for the animal welfare world. Not only are we operating innovative and beneficial programs for animals and people, but we are teaching others around the world how to successfully market and promote their programs and stop the senseless death of thousands of animals.”
The Helen Woodward Center
6461 El Apajo Road Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 64
Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067
Phone: (858) 756-4117
Serving San Diego County since 1880, the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA provides vital services to animals and people alike.
With campuses in both central San Diego and Oceanside, the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA’s programs include:
- sheltering and adopting animal
- investigating animal cruelty and neglect
- rescuing animals in emergency situations
- positive reinforcement behavior training through public training classes
- providing adult and youth education programs
- sharing animals through pet-assisted therapy and more
- in Oceanside and Vista, the San Diego Humane Society North Campus provides animal control and stray pet services for the public
The San Diego Humane Society and SPCA is an independent 501(c)(3) organization and is not affiliated with any other local, state or national organization such as the Humane Society of the United States in Washington or the ASPCA in New York.